This soup dish is easy, fast, and fresh! It’s super tasty, healthy, satisfying, hearty, tangy, easy to keep veggie friendly (with a few adjustments) , and seriously delicious!
Prep and cook time is right around 45 minutes, and it makes SO MANY dinners! Naturally, this makes a great option for many quick reheated weeknight dinners.
- 1 lb of ground beef or meat alternative
- 1 can of black beans
- Shell noodles — desired amount (I use a 1+ cups)
- 1 + cups of water — desired amount for consistency
- beef broth or alternative broth
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 jalapeños
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp tumeric
- 1/2 tbsp galric powder
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 lime
- A few Tostitos crisps
- Coat bottom of pan with olive oil. Heat up and cook ground beef. Just before its finished, add black beans leaving enough time for the to cook as well.
- At the same time boil shell noodles. Once mostly cooked drain water. (They should still be firm)
- Add fresh water, diced tomatoes, broth, sliced onion, chopped jalapeños (with seeds for more warmth), corn and spices.
- Bring ingredients to a boil.
- Turn heat to low.
- Empty all contents of pan into pot and mix throughly.
- You can now leave it to sit on low heat or add the cilantro depending on how soft you want the veggies to be. I like mine crispy, especially if you consider they may get mushy during reheating later on.
- squeeze the juice of 1+ limes in
- Spoon your serving to a bowl or cup and garnish with tostitos chips. If you want to add some more ingredients you could also consider shredded cheese and sliced avocado.